Policy”) describes the information practices of John Smith (“Operator”), the franchised
Operator of the Chick-fil-A® restaurant business featured on this promotional website. It covers certain information that this Operator
collects about you, how Operator uses and shares this information, and your choices regarding such collection and use.
- This promotional website
- Event reservations managed through this website
- Job applications submitted through this website
- Marketing and information-related emails that are sent directly from this Operator
Online ordering via any website or application is outside the control of the Operator Website Service’s third-party service provider. Information collected in those transactions is not accessed or stored by the third-party service provider who provides the Operator Website Service. Data collection and privacy policies related to online ordering can be found on the respective transaction websites and applications.
Relationship to Chick-fil-A, Inc.
Operator independently owns and operates the franchised Chick-fil-A® restaurant (“Franchised Restaurant”) business
featured on this promotional Website. As an independent franchised business, Operator, the Franchised Restaurant, and the Operator Website Service are separate and legally distinct from Chick-fil-A, Inc. and its affiliates, subsidiaries and related entities such as CFA Properties, Inc. and
CFA Servco, Inc. (collectively referred to herein as “Affiliates”). Thus, you should carefully review
Operator Online Service (collectively referred to herein as “we”, “us”, or “our”).
Chick-fil-A, Inc. is not responsible or liable for Operator or the Franchised Restaurant.
Operator Website Service may link to Chick-fil-A Inc.’s websites, mobile applications, and online services. Chick-fil-A, Inc. is not responsible or liable for the Operator Website Service or Operator’s privacy practices. Likewise, the third-party service provider who supplies the Operator Website Service is not liable for any of Chick-fil-A Inc.’s or any other party’s functionality outside of what it controls, as was previously defined as the Operator Website Service.
The Chick-fil-A, Inc. Franchise System
Chick-fil-A, Inc. owns and operates a franchise system that is a restaurant network made up of
company-owned, franchised, and licensed Chick-fil-A® restaurant businesses.
Chick-fil-A franchisees (“Franchised Operators”) own and operate their own individual franchised businesses.
Chick-fil-A licensees (“Licensees”) are granted a license to use Chick-fil-A’s trade name and marks in the sale of Chick-fil-A products at
Chick-fil-A licensed locations.
information that personally identifies you, and “Non-Personal Information” means information that
relates to you but does not directly identify you. “Information” is collectively used herein to
refer to both Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
Operator and its third-party service provider collect Information you provide directly to us and Information we collect when you interact with us. We collect Information both directly and indirectly when you:
- access or use this Operator Online Service, up to but not including online ordering;
- contact or communicate with Operator or this Franchised Restaurant;
- sign up for an event, program, or other promotion that this Franchised Restaurant may offer (collectively, “Promotions”);
- begin or complete the application process for employment from within the Operator Website Service;
- sign-up for communications from Operator or this Franchised Restaurant;
We may combine any of the Information collected about you for the purposes described in this Privacy
Operator and its third-party service providers collect Personal Information provided by you or on your
behalf, including, without limitation:
From the event reservation system:
- event attendee guest count.
From the Restaurant mailing list:
- mailing address;
- age 18 or older confirmation;
- birthday (month and day);
- personal interest questions: interest in catering; mother or father; attends Chick-fil-A events; college student; associated with a teacher; interest in Chick-fil-A night; interest in a party; homeschooler; eats at Chick-fil-A once a week.
From the job application:
- phone (primary and secondary);
- mailing address;
- if the applicant has transportation;
- expected wage rate;
- is the applicant under age 18; if yes, work permit confirmation;
- if the applicant can provide verification of legal right to work in U.S.;
- available days and times;
- minimum and maximum weekly hours available;
- past Chick-fil-A work experience;
- three most recent jobs (name and address of employer, dates, supervisor name and phone number, wage rate and reason for leaving);
- relevant skills;
- education - High school, graduation status; College / Vocational school, graduation status, major, grade point average;
- job-related awards and/or leadership positions held;
- military service – if applicable: branch, rank, start and end dates;
- references – name, address, phone, relationship and years known.
In states where the law allows, these job application questions are also included:
- if the applicant been convicted of a felony, and;
- if yes, describe.
From other forms on this website:
If a form on this website has been adjusted by Operator to include additional questions, then we have also collected the personal information that you chose to enter in the answer fields for those questions.
Information Collected Automatically
Operator and its third-party service providers use traffic data, cookies, web beacons, and other
technologies to automatically collect certain Information from you when you use this Operator Online
Service, including, without limitation:
- your IP address;
- browser type and operating system;
- pages you view within this Operator Online Service;
- last website you visited before coming to this Operator Online Service;
- emails from us that you open and/or forward; and/or
- offers or links from us to which you connect.
We use this Information to personalize your online experience and for marketing purposes.
Traffic Data. The Operator Website Service automatically tracks and collects your IP address, domain server, type of computer, and type of web browser for marketing purposes and to manage and improve this Operator Website Service.
If you choose to decline Cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of
Operator Online Service.
Web Beacons. Certain pages on this Operator Online Service and Social Media Pages may contain web
(also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, and clear GIFs), which are small bits of code embedded in
images on this Operator Online Service and Social Media Pages (“Web Beacons”). We may also
Beacons in e-mails we send to you to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded. You can
disable the ability of Web Beacons to capture such Information. Please refer to the "Help" menu of your
browser to learn more about Web Beacons and your ability to disable them.
Location Data: When you use this Operator Online Service on a mobile device, we may access,
monitor, and/or remotely store real-time “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g.,
and/or longitude). Location data may convey to us Information about how you browse and use this Operator
Online Service. You may opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by
the permissions in your mobile device; however, some features of this Operator Online Service may not
if you opt-out.
Device Information: Operator and its third-party service providers may collect Information about
computer or device you use to access this Operator Online Service, including the hardware model,
system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, and mobile network information.
addition, this Operator Online Service may access your device's image storage applications, with your
consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of this Operator Online Service.
Other Technologies. Operator and its third-party service providers may also utilize other
technologies, including, without limitation, "referrers" and various environmental variables, embedded
script and ETags. Such technologies are used by many online services and optimize your online
We treat Information automatically collected as Non-Personal Information, which may be combined with
Personal Information so that we can make improve and customize this Operator Online Service ad our
communications and Promotions. To the extent that Information automatically collected is combined with
Personal Information, we treat the combined Information as Personal Information for the purposes of this
This Operator Online Service may use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc.
(“Google”). Google Analytics collects Information such as how often you visit this Operator Online
what pages you visit within this Operator Online Service, and what other sites you visited prior to
here. We use the Information provided by Google Analytics to improve this Operator Online Service. For
information regarding how Google collects, uses and shares your Information please visit
Google provides users more choice on how their data is
collected by Google Analytics by developing an Opt-out Browser Add-on which can be located at:
By installing this Add-on, no Information is being sent to Google Analytics.
Operator uses your Information, including Personal Information, for a variety of business purposes,
- providing the Franchised Restaurants’ products and services to you;
- communicating with you regarding this Franchised Restaurant, and its products, services,
- developing and administering our Promotions and other offers;
- responding to your inquiries and comments;
- improving and customizing this Franchised Restaurant’s products, services, Promotions, and
- for internal operations such as enhancing our product and service offerings, marketing efforts,
conduct research and analysis;
- for marketing purposes;
- to protect the security and integrity of Operator, this Franchised Restaurant, and Operator
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We share and disclose your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- with third parties that provide a variety of services on our behalf, including the development, maintenance, and support of this Operator Website Service, the distribution of email and mobile messages, Promotions, and marketing research and analysis. For the purpose of online ordering, your chosen restaurant location is shared;
- with Chick-fil-A, Inc. and other Franchised Operators and Licensees in order to provide our products, services, and Promotions to you, and for marketing purposes;
- to comply with law, a court order, or other legal process, or in connection with a legal
- as may be necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Operator, this
Restaurant, Operator Online Service, Chick-fil-A, Inc., its Affiliates, other Franchised
Licensees, and our and their respective employees, customers, visitors, users, or any other
- to enforce any applicable terms and conditions and other agreements;
- in the event of a corporate transaction such as the sale or transfer of ownership of this
Restaurant to Chick-fil-A, Inc. or another Franchised Operator;
- in aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form; and/or
- in accordance with your consent.
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
Notice to California Consumers
If you are a California consumer, the following provisions apply to our processing of information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household (“California Personal Information”).
Please see the “Information Collected”, “Personal Information” and “Information Collected Automatically” Sections to learn more about the types of information we collect and how we collect them.
For each of the above categories, we use the California Personal Information for a variety of business purposes such as:
- Audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology;
- Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide; and
- Other business purposes described in the “Information Use” Section.
We may also use the information we collect for our own operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the California Personal Information was collected.
We do not sell and, within the last 12 months, we have not sold, California Personal Information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California consumer, you have certain rights related to your California Personal Information, including:
- The right to request that we disclose to you:
- The categories and specific pieces of California Personal Information we have collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling California Personal Information; and
- the categories of third parties with whom we share California Personal Information.
- The right to request that we delete California Personal Information about you, which we have collected from you.
You may request to exercise these rights by completing our rights request form available here: CCPA
As required under applicable law, please note that we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may require you to provide your email address to verify your identity in response to exercising requests of the above type. You will, therefore, need access to your email account to receive our communications necessary to process your request. Please make sure to check your spam inbox to ensure these important communications are not missed. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law.
We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights or any other rights, subject to the rights and the obligations under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts, loyalty program, or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by law that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Under California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. We will require the agent to provide proof of that written permission. As permitted by law, we may require you to verify your own identity in response to a request, even if you choose to use an agent.You may contact us with questions and concerns about our privacy policies or practices by contacting us using any of the methods listed in the “Contact Us” Section.
California’s Do Not Track Notice
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings. However, we do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed.
User Generated Content
Collection and Use of Personal Information of Franchised Restaurant Employment Applicants
If you complete an application for employment with Operator or this Franchised Restaurant, or request information regarding such opportunities, we collect Personal Information that you provide in connection with your request for information and/or to evaluate your application for employment with this Franchised Restaurant. We may also collect Personal Information about you from third parties to supplement, update, or verify your information, and/or to process your application for consideration as a Franchised Restaurant employee. Applicable law may require that you authorize a third party to share your Personal Information with us before we can acquire it. Failure to provide any requested Information may negatively impact consideration of your employment application. By applying to become an employee of this Franchised Restaurant you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information in this manner.
We provide you with the opportunity to update and/or delete certain Information and to opt-out of
your Personal Information used or disclosed for certain purposes. For example, you may
- correct, update, and delete your online account with this Franchised Restaurant;
- change your choices for subscriptions and certain communications e.g., mailing lists,
communications, and other notifications from this Franchised Restaurant);
- choose whether to receive Promotions and offers from us;
- request access to your Personal Information.
You may exercise your choices by contacting us via the Contact Information
provided at the end of
The Online Services are not intended for children under the age of 13, without parental or legal guardian consent. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users in this age group. If you believe your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us via the email listed in the “Contact Us
” Section and we will work to delete it.
Links, Third-Party Websites, and Social Media Platforms
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your Personal Information. If you receive an e-mail that
it is from us asking you for your Personal Information or to verify your account, it may be a scam,
Transfers of Personal Information Outside Your Jurisdiction
us in any of the ways set forth below.
Franchised Restaurant Operator: John Smith
Address: 1085 Baker Lane, Asheville, NC 28803
Via the web: Bakerlane
Copyright © 2020 John Smith. All rights reserved.