David Cantey (“Operator”), the franchised Operator of the Chick-fil-A® restaurant business
featured on this website, mobile application, or other online service or program (“Operator Online Service”).
It covers the information that this Operator collects about you, how Operator uses and shares this information,
and your choices regarding such collection and use.
Relationship to Chick-fil-A, Inc.
Operator independently owns and operates the franchised Chick-fil-A® restaurant business featured on this Operator Online Service (“Franchised Restaurant”).
As an independent franchised business, Operator, the Franchised Restaurant, and the Operator Online Service are separate and legally distinct from Chick-fil-A, Inc.
and its affiliates, subsidiaries and related entities such as CFA Properties, Inc. and CFA Servco, Inc. (collectively referred to herein as “Affiliates”).
(collectively referred to herein as “we”, “us”, or “our”). Chick-fil-A, Inc. is not responsible or liable for Operator or the Franchised Restaurant.
Operator Online Services may link to Chick-fil-A Inc.’s websites, mobile applications, and online services; Chick-fil-A, Inc., however, is not responsible or liable
for the Operator Online Services or Operator’s privacy practices.
The Chick-fil-A, Inc. Franchise System
Chick-fil-A, Inc. owns and operates a franchise system that is a restaurant network made up of company-owned, franchised, and licensed Chick-fil-A® restaurant businesses.
Chick-fil-A franchisees (“Franchised Operators”) own and operate their own individual franchised businesses. Chick-fil-A licensees (“Licensees”) are granted a license to
use Chick-fil-A’s trade name and marks in the sale of Chick-fil-A products at Chick-fil-A licensed locations. Franchised Operators and Licensees are independent third parties,
information that relates to you but does not directly identify you. “Information” is collectively used herein to refer to both Personal Information
and Non-Personal Information.
Operator and its third-party service providers collect Information about you from a variety of sources, including Information you provide directly to us,
and Information we collect about you when you interact with us. For example, we and our third-party service providers collect information both directly and
indirectly from you when you:
- access or use this Operator Online Service;
- order and/or purchase any of products or services from this Franchised Restaurant;
- contact or communicate with Operator or this Franchised Restaurant;
- create an account with this Franchised Restaurant;
- request information from Operator or this Franchised Restaurant;
- register for or participate in any event, program, contest, survey, or other promotion that this Franchised
Restaurant may offer from time to time (collectively, “Promotions”);
- begin or complete the application process for employment by Operator or this Franchised Restaurant;
- access or use Operator or Franchised Restaurant pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter (“Social Media Pages”);
- sign-up for communications from Operator or this Franchised Restaurant;
- provide or submit comments, stories, suggestions, or other content or input to Operator or this Franchised Restaurant; and/or
- otherwise interact with Operator, this Franchised Restaurant and/or this Operator Online Service.
Operator and its third-party service providers collect Personal Information provided by you or on your behalf, including, without limitation:
- telephone numbers (including mobile numbers);
- email addresses;
- date of birth and/or age;
- demographic information; and/or
- financial information (e.g., credit and debit card numbers).
Operator and its third-party service providers may also collect Information, relating to your purchases from this Franchised Restaurant, such as
the authorization code of the transaction, payment method, the date and time of the transaction, items purchased, and the purchase price ("Transaction Data").
Information Collected Automatically
Operator and its third-party service providers use traffic data, cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies to automatically collect certain Information
from you when you use this Operator Online Service, including, without limitation:
- your IP address;
- browser type and operating system;
- pages you view within this Operator Online Service;
- websites you visited before coming to this Operator Online Service;
- emails from us that you open and/or forward; and/or
- offers or links from us to which you connect.
We use this Information to personalize your online experience and for marketing purposes.
Traffic Data. This Operator Online Service automatically tracks and collects your IP address, domain server, type of computer, and type of web browser for
marketing purposes and to manage and improve this Operator Online Service.
experience, and to improve this Operator Online Service. Most browsers automatically accept Cookies. You have the choice to set your browser to accept or reject Cookies.
Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your Cookie preferences. You can also learn more about Cookies at the following
If you choose to decline Cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of this Operator Online Service.
Web Beacons. Certain pages on this Operator Online Service and Social Media Pages may contain web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, and clear GIFs),
which are small bits of code embedded in pages or images on this Operator Online Service and Social Media Pages (“Web Beacons”). We may also include Web Beacons in e-mails
we send to you to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded. You can disable the ability of Web Beacons to capture such Information. Please refer to the
"Help" menu of your browser to learn more about Web Beacons and your ability to disable them.
Location Data: When you use this Operator Online Service on a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store real-time “location data,”
which may include GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude). Location data may convey to us Information about how you browse and use this Operator Online Service.
You may opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device; however, some features of this Operator
Online Service may not work if you opt-out.
Device Information: Operator and its third-party service providers may collect Information about the computer or device you use to access this Operator Online
Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, and mobile network information.
In addition, this Operator Online Service may access your device's image storage applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of this
Operator Online Service.
Other Technologies. Operator and its third-party service providers may also utilize other tracking technologies, including, without limitation, "referrers" and
various environmental variables, embedded script and ETags. Such technologies are used by many online services and optimize your online experience.
We treat Information automatically collected as Non-Personal Information, which may be combined with your Personal Information so that we can make improve and customize
this Operator Online Service ad our communications and Promotions. To the extent that Information automatically collected is combined with Personal Information, we treat
This Operator Online Service may use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics collects Information such as how often
you visit this Operator Online Service, what pages you visit within this Operator Online Service, and what other sites you visited prior to coming here.
We use the Information provided by Google Analytics to improve this Operator Online Service. For more information regarding how Google collects, uses and shares your
Information please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Google provides users more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics by developing
an Opt-out Browser Add-on which can be located at: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. By installing this
Add-on, no Information is being sent to Google Analytics.
California’s Do Not Track Notice
At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals.
Thus, this Operator Online Service is unable to respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not, however, currently track your Personal Information over time and across
Operator does not allow unaffiliated, third parties to collect Personal Information about your online activities when you use this Operator Online Service for such
third party use. We do use third party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us obtain and analyze Information about your browsing or usage habits
but, at this time, such Information does not include Personal Information other than your IP address.
Operator uses your Information, including Personal Information, for a variety of business purposes, including:
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- providing the Franchised Restaurants’ products and services to you;
- processing payments;
- communicating with you regarding this Franchised Restaurant, and its products, services, Promotions, and other offers;
- developing and administering our Promotions and other offers;
- responding to your inquiries, comments, stories, or postings;
- improving and customizing this Franchised Restaurant’s products, services, Promotions, and Operator Online Services;
- for internal operations such as enhancing our product and service offerings, marketing efforts, and to conduct research and analysis;
- for marketing purposes;
- to protect the security and integrity of Operator, this Franchised Restaurant, and Operator Online Service.
We share and disclose your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- with third parties that provide a variety of services on our behalf, including the development, maintenance, and support of this Operator Online Service
and Social Media Pages, payment processing, online ordering, the distribution of email and mobile messages, Promotions, and marketing research and analysis;
- with Chick-fil-A, Inc. in order to provide our products, services, and Promotions to you, and for marketing purposes;
- with other Franchised Operators and Licensees in order to provide our products, services, and Promotions to you, and for marketing purposes;
- to comply with law, a court order, or other legal process, or in connection with a legal investigation;
- as may be necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Operator, this Franchised Restaurant, Operator Online Service, Chick-fil-A, Inc., its
Affiliates, other Franchised Operators, and Licensees, and our and their respective employees, customers, visitors, users, or any other person or entity;
- to enforce any applicable terms and conditions and other agreements;
- in the event of a corporate transaction such as the sale or transfer of ownership of this Franchised Restaurant to Chick-fil-A, Inc. or another Franchised Operator;
- in aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form; and/or
- in accordance with your consent.
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
User Generated Content
This Operator Online Service and Social Media Pages may allow users to post messages and submit their own content (e.g., stories, comments, blogs, postings, etc.),
which may include Personal Information. You are responsible for all actions resulting from any Information, including Personal Information, which you post on this
Operator is not responsible for the results of such postings.
Collection and Use of Personal Information of Franchised Restaurant Employment Applicants
If you complete an application for employment with Operator or this Franchised Restaurant, or request information regarding such opportunities, we collect Personal
Information that you provide in connection with your request for information and/or to evaluate your application for employment with this Franchised Restaurant.
We may also collect Personal Information about you from third parties to supplement, update, or verify your information, and/or to process your application for consideration
as a Franchised Restaurant employee. Applicable law may require that you authorize a third party to share your Personal Information with us before we can acquire it.
Failure to provide any requested Information may negatively impact consideration of your employment application. By applying to become an employee of this Franchised
Restaurant you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information in this manner.
We provide you with the opportunity to update and/or delete certain Information and to opt-out of having your Personal Information used or disclosed for certain purposes.
For example, you may
- correct, update, and delete your online account with this Franchised Restaurant;
- change your choices for subscriptions and certain communications e.g., mailing lists, electronic communications,
and other notifications from this Franchised Restaurant);
- choose whether to receive Promotions and offers from us;
- request that we do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes; and/or
- request access to your Personal Information.
Because we plan our communications in advance, it may take several weeks for your request to become effective. If you continue to receive our communications after expressing an
opt-out preference, please let us know so that we can investigate the situation.
Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect and use your Personal Information, we may not be able to deliver certain products, services, Promotions,
and offerings to you.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information online from children under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent. Please contact us via the Contact
Information provided below if you believe we may have collected such information without parental or guardian consent or other than in a manner authorized by law,
and we will work to delete it.
We seek to keep your Personal Information secure and implement reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to help us protect it from unauthorized
access, use, and disclosure. When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information.
We also request that our third-party service providers use commercially reasonable security measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or use.
However, no method of electronically transmitting or storing data is ever completely secure, and therefore, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will never be
Links, Third-Party Websites, and Social Media Platforms
This Operator Online Service and communications from us may contain links to other third-party websites, including, without limitation, Chick-fil-A, Inc.
websites (e.g., www.chick-fil-a.com, www.shopchick-fil-a.com,
www.eatmorechicken.com, www.chick-fil-aforbreakfast.com) and mobile
applications, the websites of other Franchised Operators and Licensees, and social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter (all links to third-party websites,
mobile applications, and social medial platforms are collectively referred to herein “Linked Sites”). We are not responsible for the privacy practices, policies, or content
We have no control over the collection or use of Information, including Personal Information, on any Linked Site. We encourage you to read and understand the privacy policies
of any Linked Sites that you visit.
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your Personal Information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your Personal Information or
Visiting this Operator Online Service from Outside of the United States
If you are visiting this Operator Online Service or Social Media Pages from outside of the United States or otherwise contacting or visiting us from outside of the United
States, please be aware that your Personal Information may be transferred to, stored or processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database
is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By providing your Information, you understand
Operator Online Service and/or provision of your Information thereafter constitute your acceptance of such changes. Please contact us as described below if you would like
information regarding any changes.
Copyright © 2016 David Cantey. All rights reserved.